Here’s the common misconception out there: You can’t run collaborative platform advertising solutions (CPAS) with Lazada or Shopee on your own.
Well, the truth is…you can. As long as your shop is Lazmall or ShopeeMall.
For those who have no clue what CPAS is, it’s an acronym for collaborative platform advertising solutions. It’s basically a tie-up between Facebook with marketplaces like Lazada, Shopee and Zalora to run measurable advertising programs.
What this means for you as a brand or advertiser is that you’re not blind-sided as to what the return on investment (ROI) is for driving paid traffic to these marketplaces. You can practically track data in the whole sales funnel from view content, add to cart, initiate checkout, add payment info – all the way down to conversions just like with a regular Pixel.
If you have the time and resources to run CPAS – it’s one of the best investments you can make in your Lazada and Shopee stores. Let this guide be your starting point.
Business Manager, Ad Account & Catalog Setup
- Get in touch with Lazada, Shopee or Zalora Marketing Solutions Team.
- Provide Lazada, Shopee or Zalora with the details they need such as email address for Marketing Solutions Portal (Lazada) and fill-out pre kick-off brief (Shopee).
- If you haven’t, create your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Create your Ad Account in Business Manager
- Lazada, Shopee or Zalora Shares catalog segments to your Facebook Business Manager account.
Recommended Campaign Set-Up & Structure
- Create a prospecting campaign based on 1% lookalike audience.
- Test a series of prospecting campaigns based on:
- 2-3% lookalike audience
- Different interests
- Create a retargeting campaign targeting 30 days view content (VC) and add-to-cart (ATC) audiences and Social engagers (Facebook + Instagram)
- Create a retention campaign sending exclusive vouchers or loyalty deals to existing customers
- Separate Lookalike Audiences (LAAs) from interests targeting
- Separate prospecting from retargeting campaigns
- Implement proper campaign labeling and put in like TOF (for Top of the Funnel), MOF for (Middle of the Funnel) and BOF (for Bottom of the Funnel) representing each category and type of campaign. For example: TOF | Catalog Sales | Prospecting
- Arrange your ads manager dashboard like a sales funnel containing the following data points for easier campaign monitoring and troubleshooting
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM)
- Cost Per Link Click (CPC)
- View Content
- Add To Cart
- Add to Cart Conversion Value
- Initiate Checkout
- Add Payment Info
- Purchase Conversion Value
- Return On Ad Spend (ROAS)
Other Proven Strategies You Can Implement
- Always use catalog sales as campaign objective & start with add to cart optimization as you gather data. Once you have at least 30-50 conversions (sales), that’s ideally the time you can switch to purchase optimization. Essentially moving higher or lower the funnel as you gather data & gauge performance
- Give your campaigns some breathing room – time and budget to optimize , complete its learning phase before deciding to pull the plug on a certain ad set. Start with manually budgeted ad-sets and roll-out the performing ones to a CBO campaign. Give equal chances per ad set to perform by giving each of these the same budget.
- For e-com brands that are completely new: Implement Rapid Fire Testing on three stages
- Stage 1: Test Audiences
- Stage 2: Test Offer
- Stage 3: Test Creative Formats & Angles
- Prepare teaser campaigns for big days (9/9, 11/11, 12/12) and increase budget as you approach the big day.
- Utilize both carousel and collection ad formats (at least two ad copies/angle for each) to maximize placements
- Use custom videos or images as carousel intro cards and collection banner creatives.
How Do You Measure Success?
- Ultimately, main KPI is return-on-ad-spend (ROAS), this is basically the ROI equivalent in digital marketing basically measured as gross sales/ad spend. Depending on your average cart value, ROAS should be at least 3x. Based on experience, it is possible to go up to more than 12x if you’re good at optimizing and tweaking your campaigns based on data
- Determine your cost per landing page view. As a benchmark in 2019, for CPGs this should not be more than P5 and P10 for higher-valued goods
- Check your numbers daily and have a monitoring spreadsheet in place