Here’s the common misconception out there: You can’t run collaborative platform advertising solutions (CPAS) with Lazada or Shopee on your own.
Well, the truth is…you can. As long as your shop is Lazmall or ShopeeMall.
For those who have no clue what CPAS is, it’s an acronym for collaborative platform advertising solution. It’s basically a tie-up between Google & Facebook with marketplaces like Lazada and Shopee to run measurable advertising programs. This means that you’re not blind-sided as to what happens with the money you spend driving paid traffic to these marketplaces. You can track from page view to conversions or sales.
If you have the time and resources to run CPAS – it’s one of the best investments you can make in your Lazada and Shopee stores. Let this guide be your starting point. Enjoy and you’re welcome 🙂
Business Manager, Merchant Account & Catalog Setup
- Get in touch with Lazada & Shopee Marketing Solutions Team.
- Provide Lazada & Shopee with details they need such as email address for Marketing Solutions Portal (Lazada) and fill-out pre kick-off brief (Shopee).
- If you haven’t, create your Facebook Business Manager account and Google Shopping Merchant account.
- Lazada & Shopee Shares segment catalog to your Facebook & Google business accounts.
Prospecting, Remarketing & Retention
- Create a prospecting campaign based on 1% lookalike audience.
- Test a series of prospecting campaigns based on:
- 2-5% lookalike audience
- Different interests
- Create a retargeting campaign targeting 30 days add-to-cart (ATC) audiences
- Create a retention campaign sending exclusive vouchers or loyalty deals to existing customers
- Test between manual & smart shopping campaigns on Google
- Include Search campaigns for added visibility
Proven strategies you can test
- Always use catalog sales as campaign objective & purchase as delivery optimization as it usually performs better but when you have less than 50 conversions per week & purchase pixel is not giving any results, try add-to-cart. Essentially moving higher or lower the funnel as you gather data & gauge performance
- Gather data as quick as you can on prospecting campaigns and evaluate. Start with manually budgeted ad-sets and roll-out the performing ones to a CBO campaign
- Test new prospecting campaigns every week, turn off non-performing ads after two days
- Prepare teaser campaigns for big days (9/9, 11/11, 12/12) and increase budget
How to measure success?
- Ultimately, main KPI is return-on-ad-spend (ROAS), this is basically the ROI equivalent in digital marketing basically measured as gross sales/ad spend. Depending on your average cart value, ROAS should be at least 3x. Based on experience, it is possible to go up to more than 12x if you’re good at optimizing and tweaking your campaigns based on data
- Determine your cost per landing page view. As a benchmark in 2019, for CPGs this should not be more than P5 and P10 for higher-valued goods
- Check your numbers daily and have a monitoring spreadsheet in place
Any Lazmall or Shopeemall can run CPAS on their own. So if you are interested in learning your own, by all means, go ahead. If you need assistance or if you already have set it up but you not getting a positive ROAS (return on ad spend), contact us and we’re happy to help!
Check out our blog to learn more.